I finished up a quick crochet project on Sunday, a crocheted headband! It leans towards being a turban and my mister doesn't quite understand it. Hello! Cold ears! And I think it is pretty cute too.
I made up the pattern as I went along which is how I like to crochet the most. I love being able to sit back and create something without squinting at patterns and worrying about messing up. I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to make the bow knotless. Plus it is all sewn in and secure so I can slip this baby right onto my cold little head. And you can do the same too! I put instructions below.
Crocheted Turban Headband with Bow Instructions
1. Make a chain of 3
2. Turn and skip a chain, single crochet across
3. Chain one, turn, single crochet across except single crochet twice in first and last chain in the row
(You are making your row two stiches wider every third row)
4. Chain one, turn, single crochet across
5. Repeat above step once more
6. Repeat step 3 to 5 until headband is at the desired width
7. Chain one, turn, single crochet across
8. Repeat step 7 until the headband fits around your head using the straight part only, not the trinagle-shaped end
9. Chain one, turn, single crochet across except invisible decrease single crochet in first two and last two chains in the row
(You are making your row two stiches smaller every third row)
10. Chain one, turn, single crochet across
11. Repeat above step once more
12. Repeat step 9 to 11 until you are down to two stitches across and it mirrors the other end, do not finish off
13. Single crochet around the entire edge of the piece and finish off
14. Make a rectangle for the center of the bow, single crocheting around the edge also
15. Fold each end of the headband back and hold the folds of either side together to form your headband and check that it fits your head
16. Whip stitch the two sides together
17. Pinch the middle of your bow, wrap around your rectangle and sew in place
18. Weave in ends and strut your stuff!
Spooky double exposure!